Wednesday, November 21, 2007

SPICE GIRLS' VIDEO COMEBACK - Headlines (Friendship Never Ends)




they look a lot different now!!!

i know some of you just don't care anymore...

but i dunno, it's part of my childhood memoirs so it still somehow excites me to see them singing together again while doing those same old cheesy antics we used to see on tv…


only this time, im not the little girl anymore who is contented with the eye candy album they sold for SPICE WORLD which has a metallic color for each side of the tape (I remembered having the green one) =)


somehow, I did find them silly… I cant appreciate these girl groups as much as I adored them before. I want the band, I want the solo rnb artist, I want the rock star… and I believe Spice Girls isn’t one of them. Aaaw, honestly I felt nostalgic when I saw this video on tv, it’s like… am I that old??? Look at how they evolved… how Emma B. (baby spice) doesn’t seem to fit her name anymore? And how Victoria B. (posh spice) looks scarier now than Mel B. (scary spice)? And how Geri H. (ginger spice) became as sporty looking as Mel C. (sporty spice)?

Tsk2, I hope the young girls today can have their own experience of Spice Girls, their own share of Backstreet Boys moments… something that they could call their own. I mean, we adults may be disgusted by them… but these kids wouldn’t care as much as we didn’t care when we are of their age.

Come to think of it… they did have their own set of idols for their generation: PARIS HILTON, LINDSAY LOHAN, BRITNEY SPEARS…

Um… wait… hmm… I guess I’d probably settle for Spice Girls… or Hillary Duff maybe? =P

No comments:

Photobucket