Monday, December 17, 2012

WAYS TO DYE

Color coded :D #haircolor #darkblonde #blackhairnext #instadaily #nofilter
Decided to color my hair after getting bored with it, though hair coloring isn't really a new thing for me as I have been doing this for years already. I used to go to the salon for their hair color services, but eventually settled for do-it-yourself hair coloring when I discovered I could ultimately save more money from it.

But of course, you might want to consider what hair coloring type and brand you would want to use at home. I've tried different brands already, and realizing how many colors I've tried on my hair too, I visited my FB Profile Picture album and posted some of the shades I've had already.
image

Let me share 5 hair coloring type and brands I have tried, and some of which I could recommend to you, whether you have the budget or not. But trust me, just learn or find someone who knows how to dye hair, and you won't have to spend so much anymore.

POWDER HAIR COLOR

Bigen 


image

This is probably the most prominent name in terms of powder hair color among us Filipinos. Bigen is most popular for those who need to cover their grey hair every so often. Well Bigen after all is more for 100% grey coverage and to enhance natural hair color. The good thing about it is that it doesn't contain ammonia and hydrogen peroxide. Although unlike color cream, powder hair color like Bigen needs water as mixture, which may affect the coloring's consistency if water level's not acquired properly.

I would only suggest this if you want to cover grey areas, or would just need a little retouch for your dark hair. The stain of powder hair dye's a little messy to remove on the skin too when dried. Although from a cheap price of P55, a quick touch-up is fair enough.

how to use: CLICK HERE

BUBBLE HAIR COLOR

Etude House

image
asked my friend Cara to take a photo of her newly dyed hair from Bubble
This Korean brand is not just famous now because of their cosmetic products, but also for their other type of hair coloring. Unlike the usual way of hair dye here in the Philippines, where we need a brush, clip and patience on sectioning the hair to have it colored, Etude House Bubble Hair Color would just need you to pump those bubbles and massage it to your hair like your ordinary shampoo experience! The color's limited compared to other cream based hair coloring though. I am also not too comfortable with the massage way of doing it since my hair's thick so I'm not sure whether all parts are covered.

It is sold at a good price of P350, it is easier to use, and the conditioner smells goody good too!

how to use: CLICK HERE

CREME HAIR COLOR

Creme hair color is my most preferred and recommended among the three. The creme hair color would also include the oxidizing lotion. It's the white liquid mixed with the cream to give its level of vibrance and lightness. The recommended amount for oxidizer is just 12%, or make it higher to achieve a lighter hair color.


HBC / Hortaleza

image

This is probably my most used type and brand of hair coloring. One of their warehouse used to be just behind our house so buying products from them became very convenient for me. You can also go to your nearest HBC branches and have their people assist you with the best hair color that suits you. They can show you their wide selection of hair color to choose from.

One box of color creme is affordably just P75-90, while the oxidizing lotion is just P40. Want to hear the best part? Some HBC branches, like the one in Metrowalk, Starmall, Landmark (as per announcement) offer free applications for every P300 purchase of their hair coloring products (including conditioner). I have tried it before and was so happy to have my hair colored by professional in less than a thousand bucks!

Garnier - Nutrisse

image
The edge of Garnier Nutrisse's line of hair color? It is their fruit oil enriched components! It is enriched with grape seed oil and twice as much avocado oil compared to other brands. Garnier Nutrisse also smells good and like any other good conditioner, expect a soft, shiny hair after color application.

You can color and give your hair a healthy new look for just P320-420, depending on the Garnier Nutrisse Hair color you're interested in.

L'Oreal

image
I battled between Revlon and L'oreal, and decided to go to the expert for hair care... L'oreal! Don't get me wrong, Revlon is also good in terms of giving us girls a magnificent crowning glory, but L'oreal won me over long lasting hair color effect. The complete package makes it easy to use and, yes very important to me, the mixture's smell doesn't sting. I also like the conditioner included which you can use for a month or two, to maintain the shine and vibrance of the color.

You can try the L'oreal Hair Color from P350- 600, depending on the type, and choose from their wide array of hair shades as well!

how to use: CLICK HERE

There's the henna type of hair color as well like Color Mate Herbal Henna, although I don't know much about it so I'll leave other reviews do the talking for you guys alright?

So there you go! Remember, the effect and sustainability of these hair colors will still depend on your hair type, hair color, and most importantly, how you take care of it after. Colored hair is one step forward to damaged hair, so make sure you know what you're doing if you choose to have a cheaper / do-it-yourself hair coloring experience!


No comments:

Photobucket