Saturday, June 23, 2012

THANKS MIAMI HEAT - HELLO NCAA


Currently smelling my 'hard earned' two thousand pesos.. Thanks MIAMI for making me win this conference's bet, after 3 years of losing hehe. Not a serious fan of nba, but works for me anyway haha! Next bet, ncaa bball '12 :)

I can say that I am somewhat a basketball fanatic... before. I lost the interest when I started being busy over school and then eventually at work. But UAAP and NCAA's intense spark still manages to tickle me once in a while. I prefer to use the word tickle as their players do play a big part of that interest, lol! I can still remember a very teenybopper post back in 2005: this! I enjoy watching basketball games live, the drumbeats' wild, and the people are crazy! Watching basketball to cheer your significant someone is my favorite, the way you would silently cheer and hope he gets those 3 points, and would loudly shout his name once he does <3


And going back to NCAA, hate to admit it but it looks like I'll be rooting for San Beda Red Lions this season, though I am a forever Letran Knights fan. But since Letran's the host for this year, and San Beda only has 6 players to start, maybe the Knights can bring their way back to the finals. Yes, I choose to disregard San Sebastian Stags as the possible contender. I don't like them. Period! I miss cheering for Mapua Cardinals, gone are the times of kelvin dela pena. Luckily my two fave team in NCAA, SBC Red Lions and CSJL Knights, remain to be two of the popular among the 10 teams. They were also dubbed as the ateneo-la salle of uaap. Being the two schools of good winning stats and rich ncaa history. Again, let's all be oblivious with SSC Stags alright? I saw Calvin Abueva in person, from last year's finals, and that gave me more reason not to like the team, lol peace :) I am curious with the newer teams from: EAC, Arellano & Lyceum, will they be just another ncaa basketball team or will they surpass the glory days of Beda, Baste, and Letran? I highly doubt it, but who knows. 

The NCAA would be covered by TV5's sports channel AKTV on IBC 13 starting this season. I have to get used to it after their decade-old partnership with Studio 23. Today's the start of the ncaa basketball games with Letran vs. San Sebastian at 5pm and JRU vs. Mapua at 7pm. Tomorrow, Beda with only 6 players, would go against Arellano at 2pm, GO BEDA FIGHT!

No comments:

Photobucket